you provide to us when using this website. Your continued use of this website provides your
unconditional consent to us collecting, storing, using, and disclosing your personal information in the
site Terms and Conditions and our Subscription Products Terms and Conditions.
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED
The following are the types of information we may collect:
Information You Provide Us
In the course of using the Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, including contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, or fax number; unique identifiers, such as your user ID, or user password; demographic information, such as your date of birth or age; and financial information, such as your credit card number or similar information.
Website Usage Information
We may receive and store certain types of internet usage information whenever you visit the Website, such as your click-stream data and your IP address. See "IP Addresses and Click Stream Data" section below.
When you open emails from us, we may receive a confirmation notifying us that you opened the email, if your computer supports such capabilities. We also may keep track of what emails we send you and what emails you may be receiving from us. Additionally, we keep a record of what communications you have selected to receive or not to receive. If you would like to opt-out of receiving such emails, please click on the "unsubscribe" link in the email and follow the instructions.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you (e.g., missing street number) from other sources and add it to your personal information.
2. HOW INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED
We may collect information from you in several different areas on the Website, including but not limited to those described below:
You may be asked to complete a registration form and provide personal information; you may also be asked to choose a user ID and password in order to take advantage of certain features the Website may choose to offer, such as newsletters or contests. Your decision to register is voluntary and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to us and what communications you would like to receive; however, please be advised that many products and services available on the Website require registration and if you elect not to provide such information, you will not be able to take advantage of those products and services.
Surveys or Voting
From time-to-time we may request personal information from you in conjunction with a survey or voting poll. Participation is voluntary, and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose information to the Website. At times, you may have to register to vote or to take part in a survey.
When you register to play games on our Website, you may be asked to provide personal information.
We use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalise your visit. Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information.
Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies please visit http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117118.
Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technology
The Website uses a variety of technical methods for tracking purposes, including Web beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of websites. We also use these technical methods to analyse the traffic patterns on the Website, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the Website. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorised by us to collect information on our behalf. We also use these technical methods in HTML emails that we send to determine whether the recipients have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is personally identifiable.
IP Addresses and Click-Stream Data
We may collect IP addresses and/or click-stream data. An IP address is a number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider), your company, or your university. Standing alone, your IP address is not personally identifiable. At times, we also use IP addresses for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and sponsors, for example regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of the Website. We may combine this information with personal information we obtain from you directly on the Website or any other of our other websites, or from third parties.
Click-stream data is information collected by our computers when you request pages from the Website. Click-stream data may include such information as the page served, the time, the source of the request, the type of browser making the request, the preceding page view and other such non-personal information. When analysed, this data helps us analyse how visitors arrive at the Website, what type of content is most popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content and advertising, and the like.
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We will not use or disclose your personal information except in accordance with applicable privacy law. As applicable, the information you provide to us may be used to:
- contact you about the Website;
- provide you with services or information you have requested or products or services you have ordered, such as subscription plans or other products and services;
- contact you relating to your membership status;
- confirm or fulfil an order you have made;
- notify you of a prize you may have won;
- monitor or improve the use of the Website;
- customise the advertising and content you see;
- monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use of the Website; and
- send you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
3. WITH WHOM THE INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
At times, as described below, we may share your personal information with others for various purposes:
- Agents: We employ other businesses (e.g., NeuLion, Inc.), certain services and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, providing the Subscription Products, sending email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, Website analysis, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use or disclose it for other purposes, like sending you marketing offers about their products.
- Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate anonymised information, such as demographics and Website usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors or other organisations. When this type of information is shared, the other parties do not have access to your personal information.
- Audience and Traffic Measurement Services: We may use a third-party network advertiser to serve the advertisements on the Website or may use a traffic measurement service to analyse the traffic on the Website. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your visits to this Website and other websites you have visited. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or websites you might be interested in. Audience and Traffic Measurement Services allow us to collect anonymous traffic and behaviour information from the Website by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. Although advertisers or other companies do not have access to the Website cookies, the Website's advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own cookies on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser. Cookies allow third-party advertisers to show you advertisements or content you might be interested in. Note that any images (or any other parts of a web page) served by third parties in association with third-party cookies may serve as web beacons, which enable third parties to carry out the previously described activities. Other companies' uses of their cookies are subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
- Administrative or Legal Process: We or others may disclose your personal information to third parties without notice to you in order to comply with applicable law, law enforcement agencies, to protect our or third parties' rights, or to protect the rights of other users of the Website.
The third parties to whom your personal information may be disclosed in accordance with this policy may be located within the European Economic Area or elsewhere in the world (for example in the United States). Different privacy laws may apply in these countries and you understand and unambiguously consent to the transfer of personal information to these countries and service providers.
We only make these arrangements or transfers where we are satisfied that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect any information held in that country or that the service provider acts at all times in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
In the event your personal information is transferred to a foreign jurisdiction, it may be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and we may be required to disclose it to the courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities in those jurisdictions but we will only do so where required by applicable laws.
4. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website incorporates reasonable safeguards to protect the security, integrity, completeness, accuracy and privacy of the personal information that we may collect and we have put into place reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse and alteration. Your personal information is transferred to our computers utilising encryption software. Only those employees who need access to your information in order to do their jobs are allowed access. Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required.
6. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
7. CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS, AND MESSAGE BOARDS
The Website may make chat rooms, forums, commenting and message boards available to you and other users. You are not required to provide any personal information when using these areas but you may choose to do so. If you post personal information online, it will be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. By using the commenting features of the Website, you acknowledge that your user name and location information will be disclosed. We cannot ensure the security of any information you choose to make public in a chat room, forum, or message board. Also, we cannot ensure that parties who have access to such publicly available information will respect your privacy.
9. CORRECTING/UPDATING/OBTAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If your personal information changes (such as your email address or post code), or if you no longer desire to have access to the Website, we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove the personal data you have provided to us. You may request that we do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, signing into your online account and making the desired changes. Similarly, we will provide you with a copy of the personal data you have provided to us on your request to: email@example.com.